Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Don't Make Kate Angry, You Wouldn't Like Kate When She's Angry

Subtitle: Auchi Still At It

Received an email today from Harjinder Obhi, London based attorney for Google, with fuzzy threats of lawsuits, forcing my identity be disclosed, potential shutdown of Kate/A/Blog, etc. etc.

I'm working on a post and scanning today's documents although above lawyer used an extra brain cell and marked his email communication as "LEGALLY PRIVILEGED" I suppose in hopes I'm so scared I will not scan and publish. Oh ye of little faith in Kate's nerve.

Mr. Obhi politely tells me if Auchi files suit, Google will be forced to produce information about me, emails, IP addresses, ISP information, etc. etc. etc. and that once my identity is known I will be formally added to the lawsuit.

And Mr. O. was nice enough to make it easy on me, by suggesting I send him my phone contact information and the best time to reach me to discuss this situation. Hahahaha. Do I look like I just fell off the turnip truck? Sure honey child, here's my phone number, address, SSN, banking info, weight, and dress size.

Oh, and Carter-Ruck did not at all like my response posted to their first threat. Geeze, you just can't please some people.

Now my eldest daughter suspects I am withholding information, wants to know what I know that I'm not telling, that may get us all killed.

50,000,000+ blogs around the world and they walk into mine. The story of my life.

:)

Background posts: September 2005 and November 2006.

4 comments:

Kate-A said...

I received notice just now that AuchiCo has filed complaint with blogger.com so KAB may disappear down the memory hole.

:)

Kate-A said...

In accordance with TOS blogger.com team is removing the content.

Very icy and cold where I am today too.

Thanks for the warm words.

I think you're right about the strange things going on the internet. I fear it will take the same route as TV, all totally controlled infotainment and pseudo-news garbage.

Anonymous said...

Woe-be-tied (sp? I haven’t used that saying in years) to the fools who think the voice of KAB will cower under threat. Assholes.

My recent thrifty acquisition of “Why We Can’t Wait” got me thinking that a TOS agreement is synonymous with the old printed signs of exclusion. Americans of all cultural and economic persuasions have been successfully divided and conquered, arranged in their stations with overseers embedded to prevent any “thinking” from taking root. KAB’s perspective combines common sense with extensive research, two things prohibited for public consumption in a ready-to-swallow market.

Should KAB become a 404, I’ll keep an eye on the legal beagles which, if they are true to form, will provide me with sufficient search info. Your work is very helpful to disseminating truth in this ha-ha-ha Information Age.

Screw them and the lawyers they ride in on.

Kathy F.

Kate-A said...

Thanks Kathy. Spot on regarding "exclusion, " divide, conquer.

Appears so far google/blogspot are only removing the 2 original postings about N.A. As everything in those posts has been posted by thousands of other blogs all over the internet perhaps the hit on me was a paid troll with nasty karma just earning their fee.

Definitely shows how foreign/outside influence can control America's big people (google) and little ones (me) with simply an email or two. I've heard though that nothing is ever completely scrubbed from the www. :)

And I don't hear the fat lady singing yet. ;)

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.