Wednesday, February 15, 2006

!! VIRUS ALERT !!

There is a new virus. It's called WORK. If you receive WORK from your colleagues, your boss, via e-mail, or from anyone else, do not touch it under any circumstances. This virus wipes out your private life completely.

If you should happen to come in contact with this virus, take two friends and go straight to the nearest bar. Order drinks immediately and after three rounds, you will find that WORK has been completely deleted from your system.

Forward this virus warning immediately to at least five friends. Should you realize you do not have five friends, this means you are already infected by this virus and WORK already controls your life. If this is the case, go to the bar and stay until you make at least five friends. I think I have five friends, but am not entirely positive so I'm headed for the bar anyway.....it never hurts to be safe.

THANK GOODNESS I GOT THIS IN TIME

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not worried. I'm immune to WORK. ahahaaha

amj

Anonymous said...

Replaced by technologies, eliminated through downsizing and outsourcing, exchanged for the younger, better-looking, less-likely-to-have-an-opinion or salary requirement group; setting sail armed with a impressive resume and impeccable references; the truth was uncovered: Experience is unwelcomed, what is welcomed is pee in a cup for a slim chance for a paycheck. The transition from “personnel” to “human resources” ushered in a an era of “supervisors” so inept that they can not determine the potential value of an interviewee for the simplest of tasks without the results of a piss test. Baby Boomers’ middle-age is now McOfficeAssistant, McWalmart, McHealthcare, McSolicitor, McEntrepeneur. All is as They planned it. Busy keeping the job or changing jobs to keep up in pursuit of a dignified survival, too many of us failed to realize where it all was headed: Work till you drop and drop your pants.

Anonymous said...

Kate, humor becomes you. :) (I mean is attractive on you. The language keeps changing...)

I agree with Anon. but a couple things: there are bunch of us who predate the hackneyed Boomers and while we may be slightly grateful for the attention they are giving to aging issues, it's not good enough. We are scraping by and working Mc-jobs, too. Re the drug test urinalysis, I didn't like it either but realized I was not going to use the stuff so they are welcome to it.

Anonymous said...

i first contracted this bug when i left school and didnt manage to shift it till i was 26 and went, apparently, insane

it's been a tough clawback from the depths of my 9-5 hell but with the grace of god i did it. I fear , alas, it is too late for some

question is kate, who's behind all the generation of this "work" that spreads it tentacles across the nation?

Kate-A said...

anon,
Lol, hell if I know. Fortunately the tentacles in me are my own (self-employed) and I can on occasion reward myself with a margarita and numerous work breaks, but only on days when the other me demanding boss doesn't show up.

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.