Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Slobs & Knobs

This story really produced a chuckle. HUD secretary Alphonso Jackson "gives blunt warning" :

"He had made every effort to get a contract with HUD for 10 years," Jackson said of the prospective contractor. "He made a heck of a proposal and was on the (General Services Administration) list, so we selected him. He came to see me and thank me for selecting him. Then he said something ... he said, 'I have a problem with your president.'

"I said, 'What do you mean?' He said, 'I don't like President Bush.' I thought to myself, 'Brother, you have a disconnect -- the president is elected, I was selected. You wouldn't be getting the contract unless I was sitting here. If you have a problem with the president, don't tell the secretary.'

"He didn't get the contract," Jackson continued. "

Second page of story goes on ... "Dustee Tucker, a spokeswoman for Jackson's office, said the value of the advertising contract, which was to be placed with a minority publication, could not be provided. Because it was not awarded per what the Secretary said, we don't have any record of it," she said. "It was probably all verbal at that point."

Verbal. Verbal. I'd bet my rosebushes the above conversation took place only in Secretary Hudster's puffed up self-important bald knob. Yous best be likin' my bossman or yous won't be workin', no suh, no suh. Jackson was talkin' shit. But I wouldn't be surprised if a brother brings suit claiming to be the "prospective contractor" in the story. What a hoot.

No comments:

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.