Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Take My Building, Please

"After tearing apart a barn, FBI agents began digging up the ground where it stood Thursday, taking photos and video and sifting through dirt by hand as they searched for Jimmy Hoffa’s remains at a suburban Detroit farm…..The 100-by-30-foot barn was torn down Wednesday as the FBI scoured Hidden Dreams Farm, which once was owned by a Hoffa associate and is located not far from where the former Teamsters chief vanished in 1975. Before the dig began Thursday, authorities removed a layer of concrete and asphalt that had been the floor of three rooms inside the building."

May 31, 2006

Dear FBI:
My elderly and ailing father-in-law (Chicago Sicilian, really you can check) who knew Hoffa, recently informed me that Jimmy is buried beneath an old storage building on the southwest corner of my property. The 50 x 42 foot building was built around 1970s and is a little dilapidated although I have kept it painted so it's not quite the eyesore it could be. The foundation is a concrete slab, the building part brick and mortar and wood, with a tin roof , semi-new.

(Currently it is used to store gardening tools, exercise equipment, DIY supplies I didn't need after all, bicycles, Xmas decorations, 35 years of 5 children memorabilia, military clothing the boys always leave behind, my youngest daughter's room boxed up 8 years ago and still waiting for her, and now grandchildren things which pile up here because they forget to take it home!)

Please come as soon as possible to perform your search, and demo this building from my premises. I don't mind at all. There will be no problem with access as there is a locked double gate on the south end of the property. Let me know your ETA and I'll open up for you.

If you choose to search I will expect government replacement with a new construction of similar size and materials (installation of plumbing would be nice) and, of course, compensation for any inconvenience such an ordeal might cost me, such as temporary storage of the above items elsewhere until the new building is finished.

Thank you,

Kate/A.

p.s. The name of my little lady's farm is Hidden Agenda.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. I wish Massachusetts had thought of this before pouring billions into the Big Dig in Boston. We could have saved the state a bundle.

Kate-A said...

abi,
Now that's what I call genius. Lol.

ziz said...

Please let me know if this works.

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.