Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's That Time Again!

Kate/A/blog's summer fundraising drive began yesterday. So far we have raised $2.60 – but we have a long long long way to go. That isn't enough. At this rate, I will fail to reach my goal – and the cutbacks in my lifestyle will have to start immediately.

For instance – with your generous donations - I plan to purchase this very modest Lagoon 500 (5 cabin version) so that KAB may better serve readers after each satisfying vacation.

Maybe it's because it's summer and lots of people are on vacation, or my readers' attention is directed elsewhere, but, for whatever reason, my fundraising appeals have fallen on deaf ears. Do I have to shout louder? OK, then, I will:

Unless I raise $925,000 by Monday, KAB will have to consider significant cutbacks in lifestyle.

Our war-crazed rulers and their supporters in the media don't have to worry about paying the bills: the War Party never lacks for funding. I, on the other hand, must go to my readers four times a year and beg for money. This year, it's been a hard sell. Won't you help?

Your contribution is 100% not tax-deductible – but Kate/A/blog promises to take you for a ride - what more incentive do you need? You can make your contribution – email KAB for details, but, whatever you do make your contribution today, right now – before it's too late.

(Please hurry, my birthday is coming soon and there's a couple or three custom alterations I want on the Lagoon.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging: The new scheme to earn that cool mil that one knows they deserve. Every time one of these clowns starts fund-raising, I think of KateAblog's annual fundraiser. Obviously I don't think about sending a check, but at least I'm thinking about you!

Kathy F.

Kate-A said...

Sigh... thanks for thinking of KAB.

Again, we missed our mark. But there is talk of selling Tshirts, key chains, pencils, and our morals next year.

:)

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.