Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Duct & Cover

FEMA director, Mike Brown, resigned Monday and was replaced temporarily by the highest-ranking permanent professional in FEMA, R. David Paulison, a former fire chief in Miami-Dade County in Florida.

R. David Paulison thank goodness has so much more sense. I hope he gives us more methods as useful as his previous "duct tape and plastic" supplies for survival. "Americans have apparently heeded the U.S. government's advice to prepare for terror attacks, emptying hardware store shelves of duct tape."

Don't forget to seal yourself in real tight now. (You might want to use those extra batteries for something more fun than tuning to the local radio for how screwed you are in the event of a terrorist attack.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acording to his bio on the fema page he helped in Andrew and with the plane crash in the everglades. Well whooptefreaking do so Did I. I do not recall seeing his sorry ass wading in the muck in the everglades. I do not recall seeing the Dade county fire department taking charge of anything.

Anonymous said...

what did you have in mind for those batteries?

Kate-A said...

Anony,
Fisher-Price toys? ;)

Anonymous said...

too plastic and expensive. A hand on another hand, more?

Anonymous said...

great pics!!! reminds me of my time in Vietnam. did you toss the batteries?

Kate-A said...

I have pics of #2 son in Vietnam in 1998 I think it was that I plan scanning.

I try to use rechargeable as more convenient and environmentally friendly.

Anonymous said...

'68 no? I'm rechargeable myself and long lasting.

Anonymous said...

well, I guess I like living in here, it's a bit tight though. And, nothing to do!!!

Anonymous said...

late Sunday, can't stand me no more

Anonymous said...

yikes!, will I ever get out of here, not too likely.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Washington!!! But not till late October, that is if I can ever get out of here.

Anonymous said...

that interest rate hike does not help my chances of getting out of here anytime soon.

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.