Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Champions

August 9, 1936 Jesse Owens won his 4th gold medal. Owens said in his biography: "When I came back to my native country, after all the stories about Hitler, I couldn't ride in the front of the bus. I had to go to the back door. I couldn't live where I wanted. I wasn't invited to shake hands with Hitler, but I wasn't invited to the White House to shake hands with the President, either." Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Summer Olympics 1968: Black Americans Tommie Smith and John Carlos, who finished 1-3 in the 200-meter run, bowed their heads and gave the Black Power salute during the national anthem as a protest against racism in the U.S. They were immediately thrown off the team by the USOC.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Present day steroidinator musclehead, Governor of California:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures...

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.