Friday, August 12, 2005

Rolling Stones $100K

What does a hundred thousand dollars buy you these days? Rolling Stones tickets at Boston's Fenway Park and a seat next to Governor Schwarzenegger in his luxury box. The event is just one of several glitzy fundraisers set by the governor as he tries to raise $50 million in preparation for the November 8th special election.

It's unclear if Sir Mick (knighted in 2003) will sing his new diddy 'Sweet Neocon' from his new CD A Bigger Bang, a tune with crushing anti-neocon lyrics as: "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/ You call yourself a patriot. Well, I think you're full of sh*t!... How come you're so wrong, my sweet neo-con."


Mick, if you recall, back in the 20th century sang intensely socially relevant tunes as ‘Satisfaction’, ‘Get Off My Cloud’, ‘Paint It Black,’ ‘Honky Tonk Women,' ‘Jumping Jack Flash’.

These melodies included scathing lyrics with : I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction 'cause I try and I try and I try and I try. I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud Hey! You! Get off of my cloud. I see a red door and I want it painted black. It's the honky tonk women gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues. But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas! But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

No comments:

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.