Monday, August 29, 2005

GoDaddy Thugs

What became of the story of the Seattle soldiers just home from Iraq beaten senseless in front of Larry's bar? Here's the local KOMO footage. Looks like 2 white boys in the Rodney King position on July 31.

Larry Culp, the co-owner of Larry's said "there are several things that really disturb him. He said if police believe it happened at his club, why didn't they contact him until Thursday? And why didn't they ask for tapes from the two cameras he has outside the building?"

Rob of SayAnything blog posts there's a website that "apparently records “ghetto” fights and sells them to the internet public. The video I saw from the email (I was repulsed when I watched it and wish people wouldn’t send me crap like that) looked so much like the video released by the police in this case got me to thinking: I wonder if this website had anything to do with this beating?"

FloppingAces blogs that godaddy.com is the hosting company for Real Fights/Ghetto Fights, a site that pays $1000 for street fights.

Michelle Malkin is also all over the story. She's "continuing to keep a close eye on the outrageous act of barbarism in Seattle committed against three American soldiers (two of whom were beaten unconscious) in Pioneer Square last month by a group of thugs." Malkin does her usual hairpulling rant at the "politically correct" liberals ignoring the incident.

Note: The Freeper thread was shut down for inappropriate commentary based on the ethnicity of the people involved. Imagine that.

It does seem a bit odd that at least 2 videos were recording the fight without any interference from anyone. Odd also that the Seattle PD released the video 3 weeks after the beating with request to help identify the perps. I guess the perps are unknown to the Seattle PD as no arrests have been made yet, but PD says arrests are coming soon.

If the Malkinistas could have put the right spin on this, i.e. the fight began over a disagreement on the Iraq war and because the victims were soldiers I'm sure they would have (reminiscent of spitting on soldier myth), but the fight began over groping the ladies and throwing hotdogs. I guess shit like that happens, especially when you're the only white boys hanging around a black bar in the wee hours of the morning. Did any freepers ask what those boys were looking for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, reminds one of Walken in Deer Hunter.

Anonymous said...

Ok. First of all I'm gonna set the record straight. I am not white. I'm mixed with Puerto Rican and African American. That wasn't just some girl or date. She was my wife. It didn't start out with an arguement. I saw my wife and her friend being talked to by two people and she seemed uncomfortable. I told the two that these ladies where already spoken for and they should leave them because it's obvious that they aren't hearing them. I got my wife and her friend and walked up the street towards the conscession stand and as I was walking I got hit on the side of the head. My wife see this as I yell someting about hittining the smallest guy with a cheapshot and not knock him out. My wife grabs my arm and walks me towards the car in a side parking area. During this time my friends saw what happened and went down to make sure i was alright and try and reconcile the situation so we could leave. One went to try and stall and buy time while the rest came with me and wife to the car, asking and checking to see if I was ok. During this time my friend that remained was attacked and fell unconscious. I saw this and went to his aid, my other two friends came as well while my wife and friend went to get the car. As I reached my friend and tried to pick him up, I was attacked with blows to the head. I manage to get my friend up and make my way up the street while still recieving attacks. By this time I'm having a hard time seeing so I prop my friend up in a recessed doorway of a store so I can atleast try to defend us better. Meanwhile, my two friends who had been fighting up and down the street against 2-3 males per 1 of them arrange themselves to be able to come back towards us. Seeing this I break off from the group and grab my friend while trying to wake him up as we make our way towards the street to cross it and meet our other friends. Getting to the curb of the sidewalk, I goto take the step down and in mid step I'm hit in the side of the face. Recoiling from the blow caused me to lose my footing, hit my head on the passing car, and fall in towards the gutter. The rest as you say is on TV.

Kate-A said...

edcii
I'm glad you're okay. :)

Content © 2005-2020 by Kate/A.